I am retiring on Dec 31, 2016. I plan on updating my blog every Sunday starting Jan1, 2017 with what I am doing in retirement, how I occupy my time, status of all my projects and anything else that I think people will find interesting.
My goals for 2017 are:
1. I did not meet my 2016 goals and most of my bees died so I am starting 2017 with a bunch of new goals.
2. I will order 6 bee packages for April 2017. For 2017, I will make youtube videos of everything from picking up the bees, installing the bee packages, and showing how the bees do for the year 2017.
3. Plant another huge vegetable and herb garden (hopefully very few weeds this year) and try a bunch of new recipes with the bounty from my garden. Plant a large bee friendly flower garden in addition to my regular garden.
4. My hobbies for 2017 will be: build all my own crab pots, increase my soft shell crab operation to 4 shedding tanks (pictures to be added), crabbing (6 days a week), taking care of my chickens (build a chicken tractor), expand my garden, catch catfish to sell, sell my wares at the farmer’s market (not decided which one I will use), and make some youtube videos of my hobbies and some videos with my Mavic drone with me crabbing, fishing, beekeeping, gardening, dog training, and anything else that I think will be interesting for people to watch.
5. Continue running and working out. Planned races for 2017 will be New Year’s Day Resolution Race, Marine Corps 17.75K (in April), MCMHH (in Fredericksburg in May), and the Marine Corps Marathon (in October).